Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro is the second addition to the brand’s true wireless stereo pro line of premium earbuds and it is clearly ready to compete with the best in the business. However, the true wireless stereo segment is highly competitive and success here entirely depends on how much or how feature-rich the offering actually is. To understand where exactly Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro stands in the crowded market segment and whether you should spend that money on these newly arrived audio gadgets, here is our Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro review. We have tried to cover every practical aspect of the earbuds and this will give you an insight into what to expect.
The matte, soft-touch finish of the Galaxy Buds2 Pro case that the brand claims will not smudge with everyday use instantly gives a premium feel. The case is compact and even with the earbuds inside, it is lightweight. The case flips open and neatly places the earbuds inside their two respective compartments. There is an LED in the centre and a text highlights that the earbuds are tuned by AKG. The case has a Type C port for charging. The packaging box, on the other hand, includes different sizes of rubber tips for the earbuds to ensure users can pick as per their requirements and a charging cable. Apart from being water-resistant, splash-resistant, sweat-resistant and these buds come with IPX7 ratings.
Before we get into details, let’s take a quick glance at the Pros and Cons.
Pros of Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro
- These are lightweight and comfortable.
- The sound quality is really good compared to other earbuds in the segment
- ANC is decent
- The brand has added some really useful features
- The level of sensitivity of the touch panels is good
- The earbuds are IPX7 water resistance
- The Intelligent Conversation Mode works in the favour of these small earbuds
Cons of Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro
- Some of the features provided in the earbuds are strangely limited to Samsung smartphones only
- There are multipoint provided in this product
- Many consumers may find it expensive in contrast to the direct contemporaries available in the market at the moment
- The case, contrary to what the brand claims, seems prone to scratches and nicks in the long run
- Battery life is just fine and not at all competitive
- The app lacks custom EQ (has EQ presets)
Let’s get into a details Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro review
The Samsung Galaxy Bud2 Pro are small in size and has a rounded shape right where the buds will grip for a secure and comfortable fitting. These are clearly designed and sized keeping in mind how earbuds would look once placed inside ears. They do not creep out of the ear too much and have an extremely limited appearance from the outside when worn. The vent that earbuds have to prevent pressure buildup has been designed to stay inside the ear when worn, thanks to the black mesh at the tips of these tiny buds.
The Galaxy Wearable App on Android is how these Galaxy Buds2 Pro work by connecting with your smartphone. Those users who have some of the recently released Samsung smartphones can also enjoy 24-bit audio with the pair of these earbuds. As for iPhone users, the Galaxy Buds2 Pro is very much compatible but some of the features might not be usable. iPhone users will not be able to use the Galaxy app and a range of additional features that come with it.
The Galaxy app features, although available with limited Samsung Galaxy smartphones, add a lot of interesting capabilities to the earbuds. This app lets you switch between ANC, ambient and ANC off modes. Users can also use the app to configure the touch controls.
The touch controls are one of the best features of these earbuds. These controls include “tapping once to play/pause, double tapping to skip to the next track, triple tapping to jump to the previous track and long-pressing to switch between different ANC modes.” There has been a different concern with these controls as well. Many users have complained that the touch controls turn very finicky in everyday use and especially when it has a small surface area.
ANC performance in any pair of TWS earbuds is very important. In this department, Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro fairs well. It does a good job of drowning out all the noise from the outside. It also has a transparency mode, which can be very useful in situations when you want to stay aware of your surroundings. All you have to do is speak or mumble something while the earbuds are on and the Voice Detect features will automatically work and sense nearby sounds for you. This feature detects the voice and in response to that turns off ANC. It then switches to the ambient mode automatically for a few seconds. Users can make use of this feature by getting connected to the Galaxy app.
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro specifications
- Bluetooth Version – Bluetooth v5.3
- Bluetooth Profiles – A2DP, AVRCP, HFP
- Auto Switch – Yes
Audio and Video
- Number of MIC – 6 High-SNR (Signal-to-Noise Ratio)
- Speaker – Custom Coaxial 2-way
- Ambient Sound – Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation – Yes
- Voice Detect – Yes
- 360 Audio – Yes
- AirVent – Yes
- Audio Codec – SSC (Samsung Seamless Codec) HiFi, AAC, SBC
- Removable – No
- Talk Time/Voice Call – up to 14 (Earbud 3.5)
- Audio Playback Time – up to 18 (Earbud 5)
- Battery Capacity (Earbud) – 61 mAh
- Battery Capacity (Case) – 515 mAh
- Gyro Sensor
- Hall Sensor
- Proximity Sensor
- Touch Sensor
- VPU(Voice Pickup Unit)