Discord, the much-anticipated voice chat network for gamers who have been testing for months, has finally been launched on Xbox systems. As of late, Microsoft and Discord have made it possible for Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One owners to have audio chats with their Discord pals on their consoles.
As a result, you won’t have to resort to Xbox party chat or other workarounds if you want to communicate with PC gaming buddies. If this is the day you’ve been waiting for, and you’re ready to use Discord on Xbox, read on to find out how to download and set up the program and begin making voice calls to your buddies.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Connecting Your Xbox to Discord
Linking your Xbox profile to your Discord server is the first and most crucial step. You only need the Discord software and the Xbox app loaded on your phone, as we’ve previously said. If you already have an Xbox account, you may connect it to Discord by following the instructions below.
- To play Xbox games, use the app on your mobile device. Click the “Profile” button in the app’s upper right corner to access your profile.
- To access the settings, click the gear icon in the profile’s upper right corner.
- Find the “Linked accounts” option once you’re on the settings page and click on it.
- After selecting this option, you’ll be sent to a new menu where you may choose which additional platforms you’d want to use with your Xbox account. Find the Discord icon, and then click “Link” to the right of it.
- When you choose the “Link” button, you’ll be prompted to connect your Discord account. To go to the Discord sign-in screen, please click “Continue” below.
- When you sign in to Discord through the Xbox app, you’ll be asked to provide permission for the app to access your profile. Tap the “Authorise” button if you agree with the granted permissions.
- Once the permission is complete, you’ll be sent back to the Xbox app with a prompt to open Discord. Now, gamers may utilise voice chat through Discord on Xbox by transferring their voice call from the Discord app to their Xbox.
How to Use Xbox Discord (Two Methods)
Send Discord Mobile App Calls to Xbox (Android & iPhone)
Once you’ve connected your Discord and Xbox profiles, it won’t take long to start receiving calls on Xbox instead of Discord.
- The initial step is to connect to a server and enter a chat room where people may communicate with one another. Launch the current Discord conversation. To access the call menu from the main call window, slide up from the bottom bar containing the call controls.
- There are many choices available after you swipe up from this section. You’ll be able to forward the call from Discord to Xbox if you’ve successfully integrated the two platforms. Therefore, choose the Xbox transfer option.
- Choose “Transfer to Xbox” to be sent to the Xbox app, where you’ll be asked to confirm the transfer. You will be informed that Xbox will no longer moderate the Discord voice conversation once you have transferred it to Xbox. The last step is to click the “Transfer Voice” button.
- Once your voice chat has been sent to Xbox, you may access it by selecting the Xbox icon on your console. Just go to the right, and you’ll see the parties and chat window where your Discord call will be answered.
- The overlay has the same Mute, Deafen, and Audio controls seen in Discord’s mobile and desktop versions. The call volume for each participant may be adjusted individually by clicking the audio options button, precisely as in the desktop software.
Send Discord Desktop App Calls to Xbox One (Windows & Mac)
In the above paragraph, we looked at how you may move a call from the Discord app on your phone to the Xbox console. However, if you use a desktop computer rather than a mobile phone to access Discord regularly, this won’t be an issue.
Then, we’ve got you covered there, too. The desktop client’s Discord integration is almost identical to the mobile version, with one key exception. The procedure is as follows:
- The first step is to launch a server and connect to a chat room or other form of communication through voice. The next step is to go to the Discord voice call window that is now open. A “mobile device with controller” symbol has appeared in the lower left. Choosing that will trigger a popup with the “Transfer Voice to Xbox” option. You should click it.
- Selecting “Transfer Voice to Xbox” brings up a QR code popup. To use the Xbox app, scan the code using a QR code reader app. Scan the QR code with Google Lens or Apple Live Text.
- When you click the link, the Xbox app page we saw previously will load, offering you the choice to transfer the phone call to the game console. Your Xbox should now be connected to the Discord call.
That’s how you link your Xbox account to Discord and start having audio conversations with your pals on Xbox. It’s great that this much-requested addition is now available on a platform (the Xbox for the time being). The integration procedure is now rather basic since we allow voice chat. There are currently no chat options or ways to connect with your Xbox chat.