Millions of people worldwide use Facebook to stay connected with their family, friends and acquaintances. Users can share their photos, videos, views and information with others on their profiles and pages on the social networking site. However, if you have created multiple pages for your business or have an old page that is no not needed, you can simply delete it from the Facebook server.
It must be kept in mind that only admins can delete the Facebook page. Those who are not admin will not be able to see the delete option on a Facebook Page.
The Facebook pages can be deleted both on a computer and on the mobile app. It is important to note here that the deleted Facebook page can never be recovered. If you have decided to delete your old or unused Facebook page you need to follow these steps.
- Tap menu in the top right of Facebook
- Tap Pages, then go to your Page.
- Tap in the top right.
- Tap General settings.
- Below Remove Page, tap Delete [Page name]
- Tap Delete Page.
How to cancel page deletion
- Go to your Page within 14 days of scheduling to delete your Page and tap in the top right.
- Tap General settings.
- Tap Cancel Deletion.
- Tap Confirm.
Difference between a Facebook profile and a Facebook page
It is a must to understand difference between a Facebook profile and Facebook page. Facebook profile is used to connect with family and friends while Facebook page is mostly used for business purposes. On the otherhand, Facebook page is used to promote any product and services, and increase its online presence. Facebook page is part of a bigger marketing strategy.
Also, Read Here: Here’s how to create your Meta 3D Avatar on Facebook and Instagram
What you need to know before you click “delete page”
Only admins can delete the page. So, make sure you are the admin of the page. In case you are in doubt, it is better to consider unpublishing it instead. By selecting ‘unpublishing’ you will be able to publish it again. There will be no loss of information.
It is pertinent to note here that your Page will not be permanently deleted until 14 days have passed, but you can unpublish your Page at any time.
How to delete a Facebook page on desktop
Once you have decided to delete your Facebook page, here’s how you can do it via desktop:
- You must be an admin of the page you want to delete.
- Open your Facebook feed and click Pages in the left menu.
- Choose the page you want to delete.
- On the bottom left of your dashboard, click Settings.
- Navigate to the General tab and click Remove Page:
- Click Delete [Your Page Name] and click OK.
How to delete a Facebook page on mobile
The Facebook page can also be deleted through smartphone. You need to follow these steps to quickly delete a Facebook page using your mobile, iOS, or Android:
- Open your Facebook app.
- Tap the menu in the top right corner
- Select the page you want to delete
- Tap settings button the top right.
- Click on General and Remove Page
- You will be asked to select permanently delete (page name)
- A dialogue box will appear before you after.
- If you have made up your mind then finally click on the Delete Page.
- It is important to note that once you delete the page, you will not be able to get it back.