Canon has officially launched its latest camera Canon EOS R6 Mark II with an approximate 24.2 MP full frame CMOS sensor and 40fps Burst Shooting. The global launch of Canon’s latest offering comes as the successor to Canon EOS R6, a same series camera body that made its first appearance in the market in 2020. The EOS R6 Mark II has been designed and developed to provide some key upgrades over its predecessor. Eager customers should an upgraded expect sensor resolution, better burst shooting capabilities, enhanced autofocus function, and improvements in video recording features.
The leading imaging technology company has also recently launched its new RF135mm f/1.8L IS USM prime lens. According to the company, the new RF135mm f/1.8L IS USM prime lens is currently the only lens in the market that has this focal length along with inbuilt optical stabilisation technology. The L series prime lens is reportedly dust, water and shock resistant which gives it the ability to be an all-weather product. It also comes with professional-grade glass.
The new RF135mm f/1.8L IS USM prime lens will be available for Rs. 2,19,995 in India. However, the timeline of availability in the region is yet to be decided and announced by the brand.
In India, customers will have to spare Rs. 2,43,995 to get their hands on the Canon EOS R6 Mark II (just for the body). The Canon EOS R6 Mark ll price in India would include the body and the lens kit. The camera is globally also available in two kit lens options, the RF24-105mm f/4L IS USM premium kit lens or the RF24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM kit lens, both of which will be available for Rs. 3,43,995 and Rs. 2,71,995, respectively. According to Canon’s latest announcement, both the camera and its lens bundles are in all probability will be available for Indian customers in the stores by the end of November 2022.
The design and control layout (buttons) have been through many changes from its predecessor in Canon EOS R6 Mark II. The camera body comes with an OLED electronic viewfinder along with a 3.69 million-dot resolution and 5-axis sensor stabilisation.
The company claims that the EOS R6 Mark II has been crafted to have a better autofocus system as the camera now would showcase enhanced subject detection with the help of AI deep learning technology.
To have a better understanding of what all the new Canon camera is providing, below are some of the key Canon EOS R6 Mark ll specifications:
- AF Modes – One-Shot AF, AI Focus AF, Servo AF
- AF Point Selection – Spot AF, 1-point AF, Expand AF area (above/below/left/right or around), Flexible Zone AF 1 / 2 / 3, Whole area AF
- AF System Points – Maximum 1053 AF frame zones (Stills/Movies)
- Continuous Shooting Speed (shots/s) (Up to) – Mechanical shutter & Electronic 1st curtain: 12 Electronic shutter: 40
- Digital Zoom – Digital Tele-converter x2.0 & x4.0
- Exposure Compensation – ±3 stops in 1/3-stop or 1/2-stop increments; AEB: ±3 stops in 1/3-stop or 1/2-stop increments
- Eye Detection AF – Auto/ Left Eye/ Right Eye (Auto, People and Animal AF mode)
- Image Stabilizer – In-body 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilisation (Still/Movie) Movie Digital IS
- Peripheral Connections – USB Type-C (SuperSpeed Plus USB (USB 3.2 Gen 2) equivalent), External microphone IN, Headphone terminal, HDMI micro (Type D), Remote control (BR-E1 via Bluetooth connection)