Lenovo is the latest in the line of companies deciding not to attend the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in-person in Barcelona this year.
The consumer electronics major will attend virtually instead of in person and has informed the GSM Association, the organiser of MWC, said reports quoting a Lenovo spokesperson telling The Verge yesterday.
The event is scheduled to be held between June 28 and July 1, in spite of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic that has devastated several countries like India and Brazil in the second wave.
Big tech players such as Samsung, Google, Nokia, Ericsson, Sony and Oracle have already decided not to attend the event in person.
Said to be one of the top three tech events in the world, along with the Consumer Electronics Show in the United States and IFA in Germany, MWS has been held in Barcelona usually between February-end and early March each year. The tech mecca was cancelled last year due to COVID-19.