Smartphone brand Oppo today announced its partnership with audio streaming platform Spotify for their latest campaign “Every Emotion In Portrait” to bring personalized playlists to users that suit their moods and emotions.
The tie-up with Spotify is in keeping with Oppo’s latest smartphone Reno6 series’ cameras that allow users to capture “every emotion in portrait” with industry-first Bokeh Flare Portrait Video in professional-grade quality.
Damyant Singh Khanoria, Chief Marketing Officer, Oppo India, said, “We are excited to associate with Spotify, the world’s largest music streaming app, to deepen our relationship with consumers by providing a personalized listening experience. This partnership will allow users to capture their emotions in portrait and listen to their favourite music curated to their moods. Music transcends boundaries and speaks to your deepest emotions and that is what this personalised playlist is designed to do. By understanding how exactly you’re feeling, it fetches music that truly resonates with you.”
Oppo’s partnership with Spotify allows existing users to listen to their favourite songs, along with fresh selections, curated on the basis of moods and emotions. New users are introduced to new playlists and songs that are gradually fine-tuned to the listener’s tastes.
To get your own playlist that’s curated to suit your current mood and emotion, link Spotify to your Oppo Reno6 series and follow these steps:
- Go to https://opporeno6series.withspotify.com
- You will be prompted to Log in/Sign up to your Spotify account. If you access this page from your computer, you also get an option to skip this step.
- Choose from within a matrix of four primary emotions: Happy, Low, Sensitive and Passionate as per your mood. As you slide your cursor between these, you get access to 27 moods like amused, triumphant, calm, satisfied, amazed, affectionate, grateful, romantic, and others — that are fine-tuned to suit exactly how you feel.
- Once you choose the mood, you can see the percentage of other listeners who are feeling the same as you at that point; you can also share your emotion captured in a portrait with friends.
- You are then presented with a personalized playlist that matches the mood you chose. You can listen to the songs on your computer, and if you have signed in with your login credentials, the playlist will also appear in the ‘Your Library’ section of your Spotify app on your mobile device.
“Spotify is all about personalisation and discovery, and at the core of that experience are playlists. We know that there is a playlist for every emotion and moment. We worked with Oppo to bring the power of our personalisation through a first of its kind digital experience to launch the Reno6, where users can get a playlist personalised to their current mood. We are excited to partner with Oppo in this #EmotionsInPortrait campaign and look forward to a fantastic reception to the Reno6,” said Arjun Ravi Kolady, Head of Sales, Spotify India.