After working for a long time and releasing the beta versions, Apple has finally rolled out its much awaited iOS 15.4 on March 14, 2022. The latest version of the operating system is available to download. The updated iOS allows users to unlock their iPhone 12 or iPhone 13 and use Apple Pay while wearing a face mask. Apple had been working on this feature for a long time, especially in especially in a post-pandemic world.
To download and install iOS 15.4, iPhone users need to go to Settings and click on General and then Software update.
Steps to set up Face ID to work with face masks
- Your iPhone must have iOS 15.4 or later.
- You need to Select Settings and tap Face ID & Passcode.
- Turn on Face ID with a Mask.
- When prompted, tap Use Face ID with a Mask. Users need to follow the onscreen instructions to set up Face ID using the same face scan process.
How to use Face ID when you’re wearing glasses and a face mask
Those who wear glasses need to improve the accuracy of Face ID with a mask and glasses on. This can be done while setting up Face ID or later. Users can add up to four pairs of glasses with Face ID.
- Choose the Settings app, then tap Face ID & Passcode.
- Select Add Glasses and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Make sure Face ID must clearly see your eyes and the areas around the eyes. Apple
- Face ID with a mask will not work with sunglasses.