Smartphone and smart TV brand Xiaomi India today launched another series of premium smartphones – Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge with 120W HyperCharge technology and Xiaomi 11i with 67W Turbocharge technology.
With an aim to unify brand presence globally, Xiaomi introduced two distinct product portfolios – Xiaomi and Redmi wherein Xiaomi brand represents the pinnacle of technology, offering premium design and refined experiences. It has registered a significant growth over the last one year and continuing on this growth journey, Xiaomi aims to refresh most of its premium flagship series this year. In line with this commitment, Xiaomi is launching its first set of premium smartphones under the ‘I’ series product line – Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge and Xiaomi 11i.
To revolutionize users’ charging routine, the new Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge deploys a combination of innovations across the battery, charging circuit, and 120W charger that allows it to charge 100% of the phone in just 15 mins, thus making it the fastest charging smartphone in the country. Xiaomi 11i brings a huge 5,160mAh battery with 67W TurboCharge technology and is capable of charging the smartphone up to 50% within 13 mins. Both the smartphones are packed with 120Hz FHD+ 6.67-inches AMOLED display, Mediatek Dimensity 920 5G chipset, flagship 108MP Triple Pro Cameras and dual symmetrical stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos in an all new design.
Dr. Vivek Kumar, head of Xiaomi brand phones said, “With the increasing content consumption and modern-day usage and lifestyle, users are always on a look out for bigger and brighter displays that come with top-of-the-line specifications and features. However, these devices consume huge amounts of power and increase battery drain, which results in the consumers spending more time in charging their smartphones. Based on the observation and guided by consumers’ feedback on the requirement of fast charging technology, we set out to create the Xiaomi 11i series to bring HyperCharge Revolution in India, thereby becoming the first brand to break the 100W smartphone charging barrier in the country.
Crafted for the go-getters, both these devices pull out all the stops for those who want to experience the best that technology has to offer with our most advanced camera system, fastest charging capabilities and one of the brightest displays. With 120W Xiaomi HyperCharge technology, 120Hz high refresh rate AMOLED display, 108MP camera, coupled with a powerful all-new Dimensity 920 high performance processor, these devices are designed to deliver to its true potential. This series is our yet another effort in delivering future proof technology and we hope consumers love it too.”
Industry leading proprietary 120W Xiaomi HyperCharge Technology
Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge is India’s first smartphone to launch with the company’s proprietary 120W Xiaomi HyperCharge technology. The industry-leading technology will enable a 100% charge in just 15 minutes. The Hypercharge technology deploys a combination of innovations across the battery, charging circuit and the charger.
- Dual Charge pumps adjust the voltage and amperage to the optimal ratio. It lowers the voltage and raises the amperage to overcome conventional voltage limitations and allows for higher wattage intake
- Dual-Cell Battery structure allows for parallel charging of split cells thereby doubling the available input
- Multiple Tab Windings (MTW) extends the time of high current and supports real-time cell current and voltage monitoring. As a result, this significantly reduces trickle charging time
- Graphene-based Li-ion batteries allow for greater conductivity than traditional batteries resulting in a higher charging efficiency and lower heat losses
- Vapor Chamber cooling technology that allows for quick heat dissipation to ensure an efficient charging cycle
The Xiaomi Hypercharge technology also deploys industry leading quality measures to ensure a safe and smooth fast charging experience.
- It comes with TÜV Rheinland Safe Fast-Charge System Certification
- It has 34 charging and battery safety features, spanning the entire charging path from the charger to circuit to battery
- The smartphone features 9 thermal sensors that monitor real-time temperature, ensuring charging is safe at all times
Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge also sets another benchmark with its battery health performance.
- Even with India’s fastest charging technology, the smartphone still retains up to 80% battery capacity even after 800 charge-discharge cycles, as compared to 60% battery capacity retention after 500 charge-discharge cycles, typically seen on other smartphones.
- The device can also be charged under extreme weather conditions. It provides up to 12W charging speed even at a temperature of -10°C
While Xiaomi 11i Hypercharge boasts a 4,500mAh battery along with 120W Xiaomi HyperCharge technology, Xiaomi 11i comes with a 5,160mAh battery with the 67W turbocharge technology that allows users to charge their smartphone from 0 to 50% within 13 minutes.
Long-lasting performance with Mediatek Dimensity 920 5G
Powered by MediaTek Dimensity 920 5G Chipset, Xiaomi 11i series is amongst the first smartphones in India to debut with the all-new powerful 5G chipset. Released in Q3 of 2021, this 5G chipset offers users flagship-grade performance, unstoppable connectivity, and increased battery life. Based on a 6nm manufacturing process, the chipset offers 9% overall performance improvement and 34% gaming performance improvement compared to its predecessor. The performance is further enhanced with 5G UltraSave, which results in a power efficiency of more than 40%.
The smartphones come with Dual 5G SIM support, WIFI 6 and brings Truly Global 5G connectivity with 8 band support. The chipset also brings a significant leap in camera performance with flagship-grade noise-reduction techniques. Xiaomi 11i series also boasts of VC cooling technology that helps keep the phone cool throughout, thereby providing seamless and unthrottled performance during intensive and long gaming sessions. To cater to all power and performance needs of the consumers, the smartphone features Virtual RAM expansion. Users can expand RAM by up to 3GB, and storage can also be expanded via the Hybrid SIM slot up to 1 TB.
Enhancing the overall user experience, both smartphones come with MIUI 12.5 enhanced edition out of the box. MIUI 12.5 is the cleanest, fastest, and most optimized UI yet that aims to deliver a smooth software experience to users. Enabling a more personalized experience, it allows users to remove/uninstall most of the core system apps.
Stunning and a responsive 120Hz FHD+ 6.67-inch AMOLED display
Designed to play the most demanding content & games, both Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge and Xiaomi 11i feature a 120Hz FHD+ 6.67-inch AMOLED display, thereby ensuring a spectacular and an immersive experience. The 120Hz high refresh rate coupled with 360Hz touch sampling rate offers an exceptionally smooth experience to users. It also comes with 1200nits of peak brightness along with a 360 degree ambient light sensor to ensure a great outdoor viewing even under extreme light environments. To further extend this immersive experience, Xiaomi 11i series features a 1.76mm Ultra Narrow bezel with a 2.96mm punch-hole screen.
This spectacular display is paired with a dual symmetrical stereo speaker setup that comes powered with Dolby Atmos. With an aim to provide crisp, clear and powerful audio, Xiaomi 11i series comes with Hi-Res Audio Certification for both wired and wireless devices.
Featuring a sleek new flat-edge design with glass enclosing both sides, Xiaomi 11i series comes with a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front along with an IR blaster, a 3.5 mm headphone jack along with IP53 rating for enhanced protection. Adopting a slim and light design, both smartphones come in 4 different colors: Pacific Pearl, Stealth Black, Camo Green & Purple Mist, sporting an Anti-Glare Matte finish for a soft and smooth texture at the back.
Pro-grade advanced camera systems
Tailored for creativity on the fingertips, Xiaomi 11i series come with a triple camera setup, sporting the flagship 108MP HM2 image sensor. The camera features unique Dual Native ISO technology that allows users to capture noise-free images even in extreme low light situations. The primary sensor is accompanied by an 8MP ultra-wide camera sensor that delivers high-quality pictures with a 120° FOV along with a 2MP macro sensor that allows users to click detailed close-up pictures. At the front, the smartphones come with a 16MP camera for high-quality selfies and deliver a high-res video calling experience. The camera setup also brings support for 4K video recording at 30 fps and brings along multiple video modes and effects including VLOG modes for pro level shooting.
- Xiaomi 11i is launched in two variants – 6GB + 128GB at INR 24,999 and 8GB + 128 GB at INR 26,999
- Xiaomi 11i Hypercharge is launched in two variants – 6GB + 128GB at INR 26,999 and 8GB + 128GB at INR 28,999
- Xiaomi 11i Series Will be available from 12 January 2021 in four color options: Pacific Pearl, Stealth Black, Camo Green & Purple Mist across Mi.com, Flipkart.com, Mi Home and Mi Studio, and authorized retail partners.
- With bank offers, users can purchase the newly launched devices at an additional cashback of up to Rs 2500, coupled with a special introductory New Year offer of INR 1500. In addition, existing Redmi Note users can avail extra INR 4,000 on exchange of their smartphones.