Transsion Holdings continues to strengthen its foothold in the Indian market. According to a report on India’s Mobile Phone market for July by Counterpoint Research, Transsion across brands (itel, Tecno & Infinix) has emerged as the no.1 handset player by capturing 28% percent market share in sub 10K segment. While Tecno, the premium smartphone brand of Transsion, is already a strong player in the segment 6-10K securing 4th rank among top smartphone brands of India.
Additionally, a recent consumer study conducted by TechARC provides a comprehensive view of a consumer’s expectation from a smartphone, in comparison to the experience that users are getting from their existing smartphone in the 6-12K segment. This study is based on the ‘GAP analysis’ between the expectations of the smartphone users & the experience which the brands were able to deliver. Tecno, as a smartphone brand, has been able to deliver on major factors like camera and battery which makes them lead in the segment.
Arijeet Talapatra, CEO of Transsion India said, “India is the top priority market for Transsion globally, and we are consistently working towards providing world class experience, and, customized mobile solutions to the Indian consumers. We are absolutely delighted to share that we have emerged as India’s No.1 mobile phone brand in sub 10K as per Counterpoint July report. This further fuels our commitment towards Indian consumers.”
He further added, “Tecno has witnessed a robust 556% YoY growth, highest by any Top 10 smartphone brand in the online space. Tecno’s success strategy is built on its core product philosophy of introducing ‘Segment-first’ features at aggressive price-points so that every Indian can get the best Smartphone experience. The TechARC Survey recognized Tecno as the ‘Most Rewarding Smartphone’ brand in the segment which further reinforces the fact that the brand has an accurate sense of the pulse of its aspirational consumers and that is reflected in the Tecno’s diversified product portfolio – Spark, Camon & Pova.”
Key takeaways from the TechARC study of expectations vs experience
- Camera and battery are two key parameters determining the smartphone choice in INR 6,000-12000 segment in India
- 82% smartphone users in the segment consider camera the most important feature defining the expectation whereas only 66% happy with the experience of their respective brands
- Within camera indoor and outdoor photography / videography are the two important expectations from users in the segment. Night photography is an emerging area defining the expectations, while the AI driven enhancements and optimizations is another key factor impacting the GAP analysis
- Likewise, in the battery, charge cycle and the charging rate are two important factors influencing the expectations versus experience. Users are increasingly wanting their batteries to last longer and take lesser time to replenish.
- Tecno is able to deliver a satisfaction score of 70% in camera performance and 71% in battery
- Overall, Tecno emerges as the leader in meeting expectations of the users in this segment. Tecno’s strength is in its superior camera quality as well as emerging in leader-board in Battery and Display & Touch parameters.