Trivia game show app Loco has hit it’s high in just 3 months of it’s launch. The team has seen growth as high as 200k concurrent participants in just 90 days. This statistics is hard to beat considering the premier league football gets only 10k concurrent participants at a platform that gives them a base of 100 million.
How does the show work?
The app sees thousands of players logging on at 1:30pm and 10pm daily to play the 10-question trivia game, with winners taking home real money. In order to win the game’s prize money of Rs. 60,000, contestants must answer all ten questions correctly. If multiple contestants answer all the questions correctly, then the game’s prize money is split equally amongst them. Contestants who get eliminated have the option to
watch the rest of the game.
Some highlights of Loco’s brief but successful journey
In just 90 days, Loco, has shown some remarkable statistics:
- First and the largest growing show app in India
- 1.2L downloads completely organically and via strong word of mouth
- 200,000 concurrent players
- The app has seen strong retention with ?75% players staying through the game and ?45% of the player base playing 4 days in a row
- Referral rates on the app are very strong with 35% of the players referring at least one other person
- Hosted by one of India’s favorite IPL host and former VJ – Gaurav Kapur and sometimes by RJ, Rohit Verghese.
The app disrupts the game show experience by combining the interactivity of gaming with the excitement of a traditional televised game show. It is easy to use and is already available in Hindi and English. The company will roll out Telugu, Tamil, and other regional language versions of the show in the near future. The app, which is currently only available on Android, was recently featured by Xiaomi in its “Mi Picks” store. The company expects an iOS version to release soon.
Pocket Aces- a digital media entertainment company recently acquired the app expanding the ir content and distribution platforms.